Sunday, June 29, 2008

Finished Goodies...and More to Come!

Well this has turned into a week of finishing things! We counted inventory -- *phew* that's a great job to have finished. Monika finished the most scrumptious receiving blankets you could ever feel. The fabric is double sided Minkee so all we had to do was bind the edge. We used a slightly wider than average binding and voila...2 blankets in the span of 2 hours.
Next I finally finished my two pairs of little socks...I used the self striping Cotton Joy from Needful and they are very comfy (at least according to Davey). During the summer Sock Club will be held Tuesdays from 1:00 - 3:00 so grab your knitting (doesn't have to be socks) and join us for an afternoon of knitting and chatting. Hilma will be there to answer all questions...she'll even teach you how to make socks if you haven't before!While we were on a roll finishing things I decided that I would finish one project every day for a week! This may seem impossible but if they are small things I think I can do it. I started with these pillowcases. One for DAvey and one for Conkerr. Isn't the gnome fabric adorable it is from Northcott and we have lots left in the store. So that's today's project already completed. Tomorrow I will make two more ... this time using baseball fabric for my older son. I have so many UFOs to choose from ... I'll have to get organized for the rest of the week!
Finally we have the ruler racks I bought at the Hamilton Guild Show in the store for only $11.99 ... aren't they wonderful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The socks look awesome - how long did it take to make them?