Monday, October 4, 2010

Not too Spooky...Hallowe'en Quilt

I have been working on a little Halloween quilt that was featured in the current issue of Quilt Sampler Magazine. This quit which combines stitcheries with simple piecing was designed by Sandra Workman of Pine Needles. It is nearly finished but I decided I didn't love the outer border which, while it is actually little circles, looks too much like tire treads from a distance so I am going to try the spiderweb fabric instead.

Here's the cute little froggy block and

my favourite, the beware of cat block...


and here is the cat we have to beware of in our house! Pudding isn't much of a helper is he? My hubby thought he was upset that I didn't put the cat block in the centre of the quilt!

2 comments:

Cathi said...

It's fabulous! Love the little stitcheries and am amazed at how fast you've got this together! I think your husband's right -- kitties do demand to be the centre of attention! :-)

Darlene said...

This little project is so sweet, and very inspiring actually. I have been thinking about embroidery / stitchery again. And it has been a long time since I have held an embroidery hoop in my hands!