We got an interesting new product in the store called Transfer-Eze. Transfer-Eze is a pliable film that needles well. You can run it through a printer or photocopier with ease so it seemed like a great way to transfer stitchery and quilting patterns onto fabric without having to trace it (hooray!).
I photocopied my pattern onto the Transfer-Eze (I just put one sheet into the paper tray), peeled the backing paper off and stuck it on my background fabric. Here's the design waiting to be embroidered.
I did my embroidery as usual and found that I didn't even notice the transfer-eze under my needle while I was stitching. The printed line was very crisp and easy to follow. Here's the finished stitchery witht he transfer-eze still in place.
I cut away the excess transfer-eze per the directions... it looks crinkly but I didn't dare iron a fusible product...
...soaked it in water...
...and voila - it was gone without a trace! I did have a small amount of bleed from the toner onto the fabric. It barely even photographed but it was faintly visible. The packaging warned that this happens rarely so next time I will try another photocopier (the one at my house is an old dinosaur).
To remove the bleed I popped it back in the water with a little dawn dishsoap and a couple of drops of Grandma's Secret Spot Remover (which we love here at the shop). Soaked it for awhile longer and that did the trick all bleed was gone.
I have already photocopied a whole slew of patterns from Redwork Winter Twitterings onto Transfer-eze so I have a cute new stitchery all ready to go! I may never trace a pattern again - this stuff is a tremendous time saver - I just loved it!
Click here to purchase Transfer-Eze online; click here to purchase Redwork Winter Twitterings online (it's only $10.95!)


No comments:
Post a Comment