We are very excited to bring you The Canadian Sampler - our very special block of the month program to celebrate Canada's 150th Anniversary!
This quilt is truly a labour of love from the designers who designed the quilt blocks, the quilter who quilted our sampler and all of us at Sew Sisters. We are so happy and proud to bring you this beautiful quilt and wonderful program.
Earlier this year we invited 20 amazing Canadian designers to each design a red and white quilt block to celebrate our great nation. The designers created a 12" red and white quilt block that expressed their love for our beautiful country. They made maple leaves and flying geese, star blocks and snowflakes, inuksuit and grain elevators. They drew inspiration from the seasons, the cities they live in, and the towns they visited. They showcased Canada's beauty, strength and rich heritage. They created blocks with great care and generosity and we are honoured to bring you their beautiful work.
The Canadian Sampler has 20, 12" quilt blocks that are traditionally pieced using two colors - red and white. The skill levels required to make this quilt vary from experienced beginner to intermediate quilter. A mix of modern and traditional blocks, The Canadian Sampler comes together beautifully with a simple corner stone setting. We have used Northcott's ColorWorks Premium Solids to make this quilt.
The quilt measures approximately 58" X 72".
Click here for more details and register to make The Canadian Sampler
These are the wonderful Designers who designed these gorgeous quilt blocks for The Canadian Sampler. You will hear more about them and their quilt blocks during the course of the program.
- Berene Campbell from Happy Sew Lucky
- Brenda Miller from Among Brenda's Quilts
- Christine Baker from Fairfield Road Designs
- Daphne Greig from Patchworks Studio
- Elaine Theriault from Northcott Fabrics & Crazy Quilter on a Bike
- Felicity Ronaghan from Felicity Quilts
- Irene Dewar from Brambleberry Cottage Quilts
- Jean Boyd from Patterns by Jean Boyd
- Jennifer Houlden from Quilts by Jen
- Kathy Schwartz & Lori Suss from Highway 10 Designs
- Krista Hennebury from Poppyprint
- Leanne from She Can Quilt
- Mary Elizabeth Kinch
- Michele Foster from Aiming for Accuracy Pattern Co.
- M-R Charbonneau from Quilt Matters
- Nellie Holmes & Christine Baker from Upper Canada Quiltworks
- Sandy Whitelaw from Upstairs Hobbyroom
- Sherri Sylvester from Thread Riding Hood
- Stacey O'Malley from SLO Studio
- Judy Baldwin from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop