Monday, January 14, 2008

Applique Blocks for A Firecracker and DVD Rental Now Available

Sew Sisters are now offering a DVD Rental Service!



We are now renting Quilting DVDs. Rental terms are 3 days and the cost is $5/title. Please call to reserve your titles at 416 633-8800. Here are a selection fo the titles that you can choose from:
  • Free Motion Fun with Feathers (patsythompsondesigns.com)

  • Free Motion Fun with Vines and Leaves (patsythompsondesigns.com)

  • Fast and Free Vol 1 (patsythompsondesigns.com)

  • Fast and Free Vol 2 (patsythompsondesigns.com)

  • The Cotton Theory Fold and Finish Procedure with Betty Cotton

Yesterday we had our first class with Peggy Kwan in beginner Machine Applique (Quilt As You Go Technique). It was a small group and we all made a tonne of progress. I was so obsessed with my own block that I forgot to take pictures during class - I'll make up for that next time...but here is my first block. It is based on the Ohio Rose pattern from Eleanor Burns' book Applique in A Day.

I am making my quilt with super bright batiks for a very special 3 year old friend of mine - she is a real firecracker so I felt like it had to be bold! Peggy says that she is happy to take latecomers in the class and that they won't have trouble catching up - so if you would like to join us we will pro-rate your class fee. Just drop in or give us a call at 416 633-8800.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking the applique class and I have to say that I am really enjoying it! Peggy has a wonderfully relaxed attitude and is so helpful. My family was sooo impressed with my first applique block and so was I!