Monday, May 26, 2008

Last Minute Addition to the Class Schedule

Hilma will be teaching her Sewing Machine basics class on June 3rd and June 10th from 10:30 - 4:30. We have 2 spots available if you would like to join in. After this two day class you will have complete mastery of your machine and won't ever struggle with it again ... this class is a great confidence booster if you have a new sewing machine or are intimidated by your old one. The cost is just $75.00 + $25.00 materials fee.



Speaking of Hilma, she is teaching me how to knit socks! I am having a great time and it is much easier than I thought. I chose a gorgeous cotton/nylon blend from Needful Yarns that is self striping. The results are fabulous...all the chic of striped socks with none of the bother of changing yarns! It is reasonably priced at $6.80/ball and comes in three great colorways (blue/green; sunset, pink, green; and taupe, grey, cream and blue). Today I am working on the heels ... so there is a bit of wait until I can take a picture of the finished project.

Wednesday we have three classes running back to back...in the morning Irene will be teaching hand quilting basics (the cost is only $15); in the afternoon Ann is teaching needle turn applique (the cost is only $12.50) and in the evening Peggy will be starting another section of 3 - D flowers ... give us a call if you would like to join in any of them!

1 comment:

Canadian Gail said...

Just to let you know that I took Hilma's class about 2 years ago and it was excellent. I learned so much about my machine, threads, needles, inserting zippers, sewing curves, etc; you name it, we learned it.
Your students won't be disappointed.