Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick Or Treat!

Cheryl and I were out today having some Hallowe'en fun! I got myself all dressed up as a Queen Batting - complete with crown, cape and of course by batting box!

Here is the "Royal Arrival" at Cador Textiles. Cador is a family-run business in the heart of little Portugal. They are Canadian distributors of Debbie Mumm, Princess Mirah, SSI, Art Gallery Quilts and more.

Here I am with Ricardo, the son and right hand man of Tony Rodriguez the owner of Cador - unfortunately Tony was out for the morning and missed our little visit! Cheryl and I got busy and chose the fabric for next year's Buck A Block program! I am very excited about the two colorways we will have to offer you next year one is a stunning array of batiks that we are calling "Carribbean Sunset" and the second program will be a Christmas Block of the Month!

After our trip to Cador we headed up to visit our good friends at Northcott Silk. Canadian quilters all have reason to be proud of Northcott -- a homegrown Canadian company that is considered one of the premier quilt fabric manufacturers in the world! This is Jack, Bill and I in the vast warehouse!

Finally this is my good buddy Sam who never fails to crack me up whenever I vist Northcott. I didn't leave there empty-handed either I came away with a whole stack of sumptuous flannels that I will have up for you by the end of the weekend!

It was a tremendous day!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Judy, you absolutely cracked me up with this post!!! The fabrics for the block of the month sound scrumptious!!
Bob really enjoyed this too. Wish we had been there to see you in your costume!
Will you be at the York Heritage quilt show? If so, I'll bring the Japanese hexagon book whatever day we go (be warned, Bob's coming with me). :-)

Betweens said...

Gee I sure wish I could have been with you on that wonderful fabric excursion...totally interested in the buck a block.. can't wait to hear more about that!!