Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fun Projects

Summer time and the living is easy ... that's the way the old song goes and it is the truth! I love this time of year because I have time to relax and work on tonnes of projects...some quick and fun and some nice peaceful handwork. Today I'm going to tell you about a couple quickies.




A little while back we got in Sheri Berry's Christmas fabric. I grabbed one of the panels and did a quick punch needle on it. Irene Dewar gave me the idea of just using a panel or fabric as a pattern so I have been looking for something to use to try it out. This panel was just the ticket! All you have to do is load it in your embroidery hoop with the right side of the fabric facing you. Punch out the whole design...flip it over and voila ... a quick and easy Christmas decoration. I spray mounted it on some co-ordinating fabric and put it in an inexpensive frame to give it a finished look.

In the store today we were busy making personalized beach towels. Last year I put up the quick and easy instructions and it is a great time of year to make up a few for your favourite beach combers or campers! Here's Margaret smiling and holding up her towel ... totally finished in under 3 hours! We love ya Margie!

2 comments:

Betweens said...

that Irene always comes up with the great ideas!! I think it looks great!! good job on the beach towel they can be done at the cottage and ready for use!!LOL

Winifred said...

Love the snowmen. What a great idea.