Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fundamentals Sew - Along Week 28

Hi Everyone;

       I hope you are all getting as much quilting done as you would like.  I was at the cottage this weekend and had a small mishap.  I was lifting a heavy wooden chair ( teak Steamer Chair) from a floating dock to a stationary dock.  As I was lifting it onto the dock it closed on my hand, and at the same time the floating dock started drifting away, pinching and twisting my hand harder and harder.   After I managed to get free and saw how terrible my hand looked and how much it hurt, I wondered whether it was broken.   I burst into tears!  It wasn't because I wasn't going to be able to cook or do laundry.  All I could think about was, I have 2 quilts to quilt this week, and I have to work three days this week cutting fabric, with a hand that was throbbing and getting bigger by the minute. After a visit to the Emergency Room I was please to find out it was only bruised. Phew!! I am pleased to report other than looking a little purple my hand is on the mend, and life is back to normal.

     This weeks block is called Grandmother's Favorite.  It is a large pinwheel surrounded by smaller pinwheels.  The nice thing about this block is the only matching you have to do is the center of the pinwheels.


Assembly for Grandmother's Favorite Block


Your finished blocks will look like this.


Grandmother's Favorite Block (Stonehenge)


Grandmother's Favorite Block (30's )

      Thanks for you comment "Betweens" I am glad you like the store.  It is really starting to take shape.   I  am excited about how the blocks are coming together too!

     Happy stitching everyone.  See you next week.

No comments: