Saturday, April 12, 2008

Everyone's Working Hard and a Fun Sidetrip!

This has been a fun week in the shop! On Thursday we had a one block wonder class ... it really is a terrific technique... one of the women converted this terrific moose print...

Into these blocks...

Here is Terri hard at work (and still looking glamorous). Yes your eyes aren't deceiving you ...Terri is hand piecing the quilt! She truly is the fastest, most accurate hand piecer I have ever seen!


Today Cheryl Smith finished up her Creative Doll making workshop and the results were outstanding. I let my battery die on the camera so I couldn't snap any pictures! Halfway through the day Cheryl realized she forgot her felting needles so I got to go on a field trip to find some for the class. I wound up at Quiltomatic on Bathurst (just south of St. Clair) - I was warmly received by Hailey and the store bird ... Pluto.

I was only in there a few minutes but they have some really inspiring projects on display...they have a blog dedicated to work of the people who "inhabit the store" ... called Frayed at the Edges . I also had a look at their courses and I hope that maybe, just maybe, after the Creativ Festival I might be able to squeeze one in! Oh and they had the felting needles AND they were very reasonably priced!

2 comments:

magpie said...

Incredible what you can get from a mouse, eh?

Judy said...

Had to read that one 3 times to figure out ... that by mouse you meant moose ... and you a veteran of the Moose show... tsk tsk!