Saturday, August 9, 2008

What I did on my Summer Vacation....

I'm baaaack... if anyone was wondering why it was so quiet in the store and on the blog scene...I was away fishing all week. Now I don't actually fish but I do spend a lot of time in boats and on the dock "supervising" and stitching away. We were up on the South Magnetawan River (which is in central Ontario). My husband caught a decent pike, some bass, and a pickerel. The kids caught the usual collection of sunfish, rock bass and frogs. Enough about the fish!

I brought a fantastic project along with me.... Over the River & Through the Woods by Crab Apple Hill Designs. I think it is one of the most exquisite and original designs I have seen in years. It takes a traditional "redwork" design and brings it to new heights by working it in a black and sepia colorway and setting it in rectangular bars. I made tremendous progress and finished 2 panels and have the third well under way. All that embroidery is very relaxing! Ann told me that the fabric I ordered to do the pieced blocks arrived while I was away... I'll keep you posted on my progress!



We have quite a few patterns from Crab Apple Designs in the store and Cheryl has been working away on one that will be up in the store soon too! We are assembling all the accroutements you will need to work on these wonderful projects...redwork fabrics, 1930s fabrics, Week's Dye Works Floss and Perle Cotton (these are glorious overdyes)! If there is something from them that you love...just let me know and we will bring that in too. It was so hard to pick ... everything they do is scrumtious!

2 comments:

Irene said...

I guess taupe is the color of the year. I was at the furniture shops this week and it is everywhere there too. Very relaxing color.

Myrna said...

I saw Judy's embroidery today and it looks even better than in the picture!