Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lipinski Mania!

Well everyone in the GTA has been all abuzz because Mark Lipinski is in town! Check out his blog for the agenda ... you might still be able to catch him! As soon as we were invited to Tea With Mark up at Northcott I knew that I wanted to bring him a great big thank you gift!

Mark has contributed so much to the world of quilting that it is just amazing. He is a designer, writer, publisher and all-round cause célèbre! I asked Cheryl Smith if she would accept a commission to make a jester for Mark and she was thrilled with the plan. Cheryl and I are both big fans of Mark's writing and outlook. Cheryl came up with the unbelievable Marquis de Pickle .


Mark loved the doll as much as I did. We had a great afternoon listening to Mark's stories ... I think I was blushing the whole time but my cheeks are still aching from smiling so hard. Of course before we left we had filled the cart with more of Mark's Krakow line ... the colours just shout spring and I have a great in-store plan for them so stay tuned ... tomorrow I will write all about our first ever Easter Egg Hunt which will take place on April 11th.






1 comment:

Betweens said...

Oh my goodness what a wonderful gift to give to a gifted quilter/designer.. that was the perfect idea...look like loads of fun and I cannot wait to see what you have in store