Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Love 1930s Repros...How About You?

I have a confession...I love 1930s repro fabrics and 1930s quilts. To me they are just what a quilt "should" look like - universally appealing, fresh and cheerful. I have used them a lot over the years. One of my favourite patterns to use with the thirties prints in the quilt as you go string quilt "Simon Says" - great easy pattern and truly lovely when made up!


Click here to purchase the pattern online:




Coming up in September (but you can register now) we will be starting an Ode to the 1930s block of the month program.

Ode to the 1930's provides a wonderful opportunity to explore and create 42 traditional quilt block patterns assembled within a sampler quilt that is sure to become a family heirloom! The quilt combines machine piecing with appliqué for a stunning combination. The Quilt finishes 67”x 82”. Blocks finish 3”x 3”, 6”x 6”, 9”x 9” and 12”x 12”. This is a twelve month block of the month program you will be billed a $25.00 registration fee then $24.95 per month for twelve months.

Click here to register online: Ode To the 1930s Block of the Month (starting September)





We have a large selection of 1930s in the store from all your favourite lines, Darlene Zimmermin's Clotheline prints, Feedsack Collection, Storytime Collection and of course Aunt Grace! Click here to shop our large section online: 1930s Reproductions

1 comment:

Betweens said...

Awesome!! I love repo fabrics and have a great collection started but still needs some add ins!! I love the sampler quilt it will be fantastic.
Irene's pattern is a great quilt to make quilt as you go I took a class with her on this and found it is a great way to get a finished quilt.