Tuesday, June 22, 2010

UFO Update - Week 2

Well I have been steadily working away at my Celebration quilt that I told you about last week but alas and alak basket #3 isn't finished yet! I think the heat has been slowing me down.

I have conscripted Jeannie into our Sew Sisters Summer UFO challenge and she brought in her gorgeous Kaffe Fassett Quilt. It is called Snowflake in my Kaleidoscope and is absolutely breathtaking.


Jeannie started this project a couple of years ago ... it was her very first design on EQ6. It is all paperpieced using Kaffe Fasset fabrics. She hit a bit of a snag at the point shown because she couldn't find just "the perfect fabric" to complement what was done already. After auditioning more fabrics than she cares to admit to Jeannie thinks she has finally found the perfect one for the next round! We really have to encourage Jeannie because once it is finished she is going to offer it as a class...hopefully this fall. Go Jeannie, Go Jeannie, Go Jeannie, Go!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Betweens said...

just awesome!! love the pattern, fabric and values!! Go Jeanine!!