Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fundamentals Sew Along - Week 2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for your feedback on our first block.  I was quite surprised, I really thought that the thirties would take this one.  It was a close race, but in the end stonehenge won  the popularity contest.
We just finished the second sew along and it is so much fun to see the blocks come together.   You will notice on page 2 of your directions the diagram indicates which way to press your seams. This really takes the guess work out of things.  It means your seams will lock together and make it much easier to assemble the block.

I promised last week that we would  draw for a free fat quarter if you posted a comment.  Congratulations Chris,  you are the winner and since you preferred the 30's colourway you will receive a 30's fat quarter.  Just send us an email to claim your prize. 
These are the results of week 2.
I think we need to hear from some of the 30's fans.  I know you are out there.  Post a comment letting us know what your  favorite 30's colour is.  And we will draw for another fat quarter next  week.  Don't forget it is still not too late to join us for the fun we still have 50 weeks to go.  Bye for now,  Jeannie

17 comments:

Betweens said...

I am partial to the bubblegum pinks for the thirties fabric..
Great second block, what size are the blocks? are they all in one quilt?

Kar said...

I like the like pink with beige and the plum tones together. You do a fantastic job!

Kar said...

I love the lighter pink tones mixed with cream and plum tones. You do a super job!

Kar said...

I love the lighter pinks put together with cream and plumb tones. You do a super job!

Anda W said...

I love the green tones, the 3o's fabrics remind me of my grandmother's aprons of years gone by...

Judy said...

Yellow all the way, well maybe pink or then again there is mauve however green might be the way to go...oh heck yellow all the way!

Unknown said...

Totally impossible to choose, but if I must, I love the orange/peachy orange....so happy.

Chris said...

Thanks Judy! An email has been sent to you!

LM said...

blue...no red... maybe yellow....

hthnoord said...

My favorite thirties colour has to be the greens. Especially if the green is covered with white kittens. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... blue is my favorite colour but I think the purple/yellow/orange has my vote here. But then again....the blue with the small flowers is lovely LOL
Linda G. from Richmond

Anita E. said...

Green!

Anita E. said...

Green!

Christal said...

I would have to say my favorite 30's collections is something along the "Sweet Pickins". The red, yellow & blue combos

Christal/Ottawa said...

I love the red, yellow & blue combos they go so nicely together.

Lorna said...

I like the purples and pinks in the Thirties colourway. Second block done...looking forward to # 3!

Lorna said...

I like the pinks and purples in the Thirties colourway. Block No. 2 done...ready for No. 3.