Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas In July

Our Christmas Fabric is starting to come in.  We have this adorable grouping of flannel from Henry Glass which would be perfect for a quilt or winter PJs!
Click here to purchase it online:  I Love Snow Flannel


The next grouping is from Jacquelynne Steves of The Noble Wife.   Jacquelynne explained her though process as she designed this fabulous group on her blog and I wanted to share that with you:

I was actually sketching out ideas for this line at the beach this summer. It's a good thing I really like Christmas, it didn't take much to put me in a holiday mood, even in 90 degree weather. I remember sitting in the living room at the beach house, making up stories with my kids about the little forest animals, wondering out loud what they do on Christmas eve. I imagined them gathering in the forest for a tree trimming party, laughing and singing, and then solemnly processing to a midnight church service, while singing "The First Noel." Here is the "story" I wrote:


What happens in the forest on Christmas Eve? Do the inhabitants perceive what a special and divine night it is? Sometimes I imagine the little creatures gathering with their family & friends much like we do.... Making merry, basking in the comfort of one another's company, singing their favorite hymns and carols. Perhaps they gaze upon the indigo sky, and search for that One Special Star... and delight in the sentiments of the season- Joy, Love, Peace, Noel.
Click here to purchase the collection online:  Joy, Love, Peace, Noel

1 comment:

magpie said...

That fabric is just adorable! Bet it would be great to snuggle under on a cold winter's eve!