Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fundamentals Sew Along - Week 10

Hi Everyone:
     For those of you that are from Toronto, I hope that you are enjoying the spring like weather we are having today.
     You are getting another fairly simple block this week.  If you are used to using "Thangles" or any other paper triangles that you might have used last week, you can use them in this block too.  Even if you are piecing without paper, this is a good block to piece all of your triangles at once.  Feeding them through your machine in an assembly line fashion.
Strip Piecing Triangles
TIP;  It is not necessary to trim the small triangles off your blocks, but I always do.  I find there is less bulk when your block is pieced and it looks neater.  I also find my piecing is more accurate because I can see my quarter inch guide.
Double X Block
Have a nice week everyone,  Jeannie

No comments: