Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fundamentals Sew Along - Week 32

Hi Everyone:

  Are you all enjoying the Olympics?  I am, I  have a hand project that I am working on while watching the events. I'm at the boring part of the project, which is sewing the black diamonds and triangles.  At last count I have 66 more diamonds and about 40 + triangles. So working on the fundamental block is a nice change.


30's Reproduction English Paper Piecing Project
This weeks block is called  Mosaic.  It is similar to the star blocks that we have been doing the last few weeks. The difference being this weeks block has a square in  a square block in the centre of the star.  Sew a square in a square from fabric #2 square and fabric #4 triangles. Join the triangles on the opposite side of the square.  It makes it easier to center the triangles on the square.


Square in a square Segment -Step 1


Square In A Square Segment - Step 2
Mosaic Block Segments Before Assembly
Mosaic Block
This is your finished block.  Those quarter square triangle blocks are going together quickly.  We are going to be real pros by the end of this project!  Back to handwork and the Olympics, see you next week.

1 comment:

Anita E. said...

Super stunning hexagon quilt, Jeannie! I just love that look! You have reminded me that I started one of these eons ago.

Anita E.