Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fundamentals Sew Along - Week 25

     This weeks block is called Electric Fan.  How appropriate!!  For those of you that are not from the Toronto area our temperature  today is 33 degrees Celsius, feeling like 40 degrees with the humidex.  The store is air conditioned so we are comfortable but it really hits you when you step outside.

  This weeks block is very simple.  It consists of a pinwheel  with sashing and cornerstones around it.  If you are working with the Stonehenge fabrics you might have noticed by now that some of the fabrics have a faint direction to them.  The fabric in the corner squares is one of those fabrics.  Keep that in mind when you are assembling the block.

Electric Fan Block Segments
Electric Fan Block


     In your starter pack  you should have received a few sheets of paper with numbers on them.

 
Numbered Sheets

These are meant to be cut up and pinned to your block every week.  I just cut mine apart today and attached them to my blocks.  It will help keep them organized for when you are ready to assemble them at the end of the program.

Organized Blocks

Bunny Citing





This  cute little bunny  greeted me when I arrived home from work tonight.  He was about three feet away from me when I got out of my van, but by the time I got my camera he was in the next yard.  He doesn't seem to mind the heat! 

Stay cool everyone.  See you next week.

No comments: