I always tackle a big project during the summer - my husband will actually tell you I always do two - one quilting related and one **other** (this year it is expanding the store last year it was moving the family to a new house). Well so it goes. Last summer I started a King Sized Postage Stamp Quilt using 1930s fabric and Kona Snow. If you are interested you can read through the posts starting last July to see how it went. As it turned out it was a much bigger project than I anticipated and while I got a lot done I certainly didn't finish it. This summer I am going to make a run at getting it done.
As of today I have finished one of the four panels I need to make and have started in on the second. Each panel measures 120" x 30" finished or 180" x 45" unfinished.
The first panel measures 120" x 30"
and covers this much of the bed!
The second panel is started. This is my ironing set up.
Yesterday I took everything out and got to work. I am storing my thousands of squares in a giant mixing bowl.
At our retreat in February a "tragedy" befell my bowl. I was carrying it in from the car with my iron sitting on the top of it and my iron drained into the bowl getting all the squares drenched. I laid them all out in my hotel room - it looked like a ticker tape parade in there and dried them out and then threw them back in the bowl. Of course now a lot of them are quite wrinkly and warped (thankfully not all of them). I spent about 4 hours ironing them and stacking them by color and only made a dent in the pile!
Ironed, sorted and stacked!
These squares are still waiting for for something to happen!