A lot has gone on in the last week or so. I was in Houston last week for Quilt Market and Festival when Hurricane Sandy hit. I am so glad that it didn't affect the Toronto area, but I feel so bad for the people that were in it's path.
This weeks block is called Aunt Eliza's Star. It is a very simple block, but the construction is different than what we have been doing so far. We will join the block segments in diagonal rows.
| Diagonal Block Segments |
First you will join the long side of two triangles to the small square being sure to centre them on the square. You will be using fabric #3 triangle and fabric #1 square.
| Placement Of Triangles And Square |
| Stitch Triangles To The Square Centering The Triangle |
| Placement For Fabric #1 Triangles |
| Centre Portion Of Block |
This portion of your block is the centre and your triangle segments will be on either side (see 1st diagram). Join these three segments together like you would join on -point blocks in diagonal rows.
| Aunt Eliza's Star Stonehenge |
| Aunt Eliza's Star 30's |
2 comments:
I do lve star blocks!
Me too Cathy. This one is especially easy to do.
Post a Comment