Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fundamentals Sew Along - week 18

Hi Everyone:

     I have to admit when I first saw this block it didn't do much for me.  Maybe it is because most of the blocks that we have done so far,  I have seen in a quilt.  Once the block was finished  and I saw it in colour the wheels started to turn.  I thought, what if I added a third colour and reproduced the blocks it would make a lovely quilt.  The triangles in the corners will create a lovely secondary pattern.


Sister's Choice Block Reproduced 16 Times

 
     This week's block is called Sister's Choice.  There is a small error in the pattern.   If you look closely at the 2 diagrams on your pattern the colours are different.   Your piecing diagram is correct, the 4 squares  are a medium value on the perimeter of your block.  The first diagram in your pattern has them as a light value. The cutting directions are correct.    I laid them out both ways to see which I liked better and took a photo for you.

The  Right Version

The Wrong Version

 
     If you decide that you prefer  the other colour way,  you can scrounge around in your scraps.  You should have enough cream colour in your left overs.  The piecing is pretty straight forward, but the pieces are getting smaller.  We started with 4 patch blocks and now we are doing 25 patch blocks.



Sister's Choice Block

These are the finished blocks.  Very pretty, I think!!  Happy stitching everyone, see you next week.

1 comment:

Betweens said...

I still like the stonehedge better...