This Giveaway is now closed. Please go to the main page of our blog to see who the winner is.
Are you enjoying Giveaway Day? We are! We're so happy you stopped by and many thanks to Sew Mama Sew for organizing this.
Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is a Canadian source for top quality fabric at fair prices. Whether you shop online or in the store at 3961 Chesswood Drive in North Toronto, our goal is to provide you with great service and great products. We have a large selection of quilting fabric, patterns, books, and notions and we offer classes, Block-of-the Month programmes and great ways to build your stash with our Bargain Lover's Club and Kona Club. And now for the fun part!
Tell us who your favorite 80's Rock Star is in a comment on this post and you could win this delicious bundle of 12, half-metre cuts of Kona Cotton Solids.
If you didn't happen to be around in the 80s then just tell us who your favorite Rock Star is. :)
Leave a comment on this post to enter. Please make sure we have an email address we can write to you at if you win. If you're a no-reply blogger then please leave your email id in the comment.
We don't require you to follow our blog but we'd love to check your blog out if you did.
Good Luck everyone and enjoy the rest of Giveaway Day!
643 comments:
«Oldest ‹Older 401 – 600 of 643 Newer› Newest»I had a huge crush on Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran. Thanks for the lovely giveaway. Happy to have found your blog & I'm now a follower.
I still love the group ABC. Okay, I love all 80s music!
Suggs from Madness!
Brett Michael because of his awful reality TV shows! lol! Thanks!
I loved Bryan Adams!
Toss up between Joan Jett or Annie Lennox (we share a hometown).
U2, though I was only a child in the 80's I love their older stuff!
Oh the 80's...how can you choose just one!? Ultimate fav will probably always been Journey...
maybe the Eagles.
Still love Billy Joel:-)
I loved George Michael in the 80s
Queen!
Sting and the Police. Duran Duran. Led Zeppelin. How do I choose? Thank you for the great giveaway
Rod Stewart
He is still rocking
Rod Stewart - still rocking in his 60's
Anos 80...DURAN DURAN.Obrigada seus tecidos são lindos.Me tornei seguidora 82 no GFC,para voltar depois.tiacarminhapezzuto@gmail.com
I was around in the 80's but my favorite rock star happens to be a country singer...George Streit.
Sandy
Oh my, I loved Patti Smythe from the Scandal days.... Shooting down the walls of heartache (bang-bang)...I Am the Warrior!
Oh in our house it's Michael Jackson even though the youngest fan here is 3...lol
xo Steph
even in the eighties it was still elvis for me and still is today!
love kona solids!
I'm going to have to say Bowie - he's still one of my favourites :)
Cyndi Lauper!!
Eric Clapton
so hard to pick. The Clash is right up there.
Pattiarb@hotmail.com
U2. Loved Larry Mullen Jr. as a teenager. Not so much now but I still love the songs U2 sang in the 80's and early 90's.
It would have to be "The Pretenders"!!!!
steven Tyler of AeroSmith
I like Joan Jett
Remember Corey Hart... "I wear my sunglasses at night.."
Has to be Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits
If we are going for rock...I'll say Guns and Roses - I was mostly into alternative music but somehow everybody I knew loved those guys!
I was only alive for 6 months of the 80s, but love Aerosmith now!
My favorite are Roxette!
I am now following your blog. I hope you will follow me back http://2cute2sew.blogspot.com
Thank you for this giveaway.
God Bless
Sandra
gml448@yahoo.com
I was only young in the 80s so I wasn't into rock music, I liked pop - Kylie Minogue, Take That, Madonna!
The Bangles.
Eltin John
hkestenbaum@rogers.com
Bee Gees
Heather K
I don't really remember the 80s much, I was born during them, but I remember the 90s more. Other than the 80s... I guess my favourite might be Spoon. Or Modest Mouse. I don't know, I'm bad at picking favourites :D
(clumsy.chord(at)gmail.com)
Ummmm, BTO, Eagles, Bryan Adams...I could go on. thanks for the chance to win
As to who/what is my favorite rock singer/band I'd have to say most of the above. If I had to chose just one it would be Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits. What a fun way to be reminded of all that great music!
My stash is missing solids, so this Kona bundle would make me very happy!
Have a stitchy day everbody!
rod stewart
Def Leppard! LOL, what a fun question. Thanks for a chance at winning a lovely bundle.
One of them is Culture Club
I was born in the early 80's but I still managed to develop a great love of the music. I love U2 & they were there back then and still are today so they are my pick for tonight.
I'm a child of the 80s so I more like them as an adult than at the time. Although as a kid my favorite bands were Aerosmith and Pink Floyd.
I can't say I was into any one in particular in the 80's. I've looked at many of the other comments and would pick Rod Stewart out of that bunch. Thank you for the generous prize.
Teresa x
Hmmm...hard to pick just one! Sting (Police), Freddy Mercury (Queen) or Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) all come to mind.
Hmmm...hard to pick just one! Sting (Police), Freddy Mercury (Queen) or Roger Hodgson (Supertramp) all come to mind.
Bon Jovi :)
The Eagles and I am happy that my kids listen to their music now too.
Bryan Adams/Corey Hart Thanks for the giveaway.
Heart? U2? There was a lot of great music in that decade, but I mostly got to know it later, as I wasn't so conscious of music in the 80s (since that's the decade I was born...). Thank you for the chance to win!
U2 forever for me
My favorite from the 80's was A-ha.
That is a tough one....there are so many greats from the 80s. I would have to say Bon Jovi is my favorite.
the bangles!
I thought Queen was awesome in the 80s, I also think this is an awesoem giveaway, rock on!
Wow. This is such a long time ago so I'm not sure of the years, but I really liked (like) Rod Stewart.Thanks for a chance to win a great giveaway.
Madonna.
Ooh, fave 80s rockstar - lemme think... it's got to be David Lee Roth (Van Halen), no-one does spandex like that man! Thankyou for the great giveaway AND an interesting way to enter xx
I'm an AC/DC fan! ...and a mom. It works :)
Oh my would be a tossup between Aerosmith and Madonna - loved them. Thanks for the chance to win.
Bon jovi :)
My favourite was Duran Duran. Aaahhhh, the teenaged crush!
Thanks for the chance to win the Kona solids.
I would say Johnny Reid. Just miss a concert in Prince George recently.
I'm a def leppard fan.
There are so many! I loved David Bowie...still do.
I'd probably have to say Bon Jovi!!
Bryan Adams and Jon Bon Jovi - classic.
Since I'm a total pop child of the '80's, I'm happy to share my favorites! Just like the '80's 1-hit-wonders, I'm all over the board with Bon Jovi, Pop Goes the World, Chris de Burgh, Cory Hart, Enya and Michael Jackson. Ahhh...music you could both dance and sing to!
Just like the '80's 1-hit-wonders, I'm all over the board. I loved Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Enya, Pop Goes the World, Chris de Burgh and Michael Jackson. So many great songs that you could dance and SING along with!
No other than David Lee Roth!
No other than David Lee Roth!
The go-go's! mjalfano19@gmail.com
Does it have to be rock? I love country. In the 80s, it was Kenny Rogers and Randy Travis whose songs were my favorites. If I had to say a rock band, hmmmm, well, I had a poster of some bighaired guy from Europe on my wall back then, but I couldn't even tell you now what they sang.
I loved George Michael!! Was that the 80's? So long ago!!
Thanks for the chance to win.
Alice Cooper through the ages. I have moved on but still have a soft spot for Alice.
My favorite band is 30 Seconds to Mars. I also love Coldplay. Thanks for the giveaway.
U2, definitely! And I still love Bono!
My favorite has to be Michael Jackson!
Axle Rose from Guns & Roses.
I was bron in the 80ies- so i was interested only in kids songs ;)
i would have to say my favorite was boston from the 80's
The Eagle ..... Who else
well...i was around in the 80's but don't remember anyone from then. i'd have to say my all time favorite rock group is credence clearwater. ROCK ON!! love to crank the cd player up as far as possible and windows down when i'm driving and sing along--an amusing sight,i'm sure, of an old lady driving her mini van!! thanks for the chance to win those solids--i'm falling in love with what i've never cared for because of all the beautiful quilts i'm seeing on blogger's quilt festival. have a great day
My favourite rock star from the 80's is most definitely Ozzy Osbourne because he was so baaaaaaaaaaaad!
How about a manly man voice like Bob Seiger!
missingfabrics@hotmail.com
Guns n' Roses
Bon Jovi was my favorite! Great giveaway!
Hey i was only a wee kid then but my sister loved Duran Duran
U2 would be my favorite
80s rocker would have to be Bon Jovi, although I preferred the 90s stuff really. Thanks for a great giveaway.
The Cure. no contest. thanks for te giveaway!
Bonnie Tyler - total eclipse of the heart! makes me grab my hair brush and start singing
It would be Abba :-)
I loved Cyndi Lauper when I was a little girl in the 80's!
Jennifer
jennifereladd at yahoo dot com
Prince, of course!
Uh-oh. I was born in '86... I don't really know any bands from the 80's. Can I still enter? Sorry! :)
peachstateme (at) hotmail (dot) com
Tiffani and Cyndi Lauper!! Thanks for the chance to win! :)
Blondie for sure!
I did not have a favorite Rock Star but liked to listen to Barry Manilow. Thanks for the chance to win!
Probably Def Leppard :-)
80s??? LOL!
Divo? Whippet Good!
How fun.
David Lee Roth, My son is sorta named after him..
Blondie! Thank you for a lovely giveaway.
Prince! I was a huge Prince fan!! My first kiss with my hubby was to a Prince song :-)
Abba
I love Cyndi Lauper! But there is so much there that was (and still is) fun! lkwhittacre AT gmail DOT com
David Bowie
back then I would listen to Madonna over and over again!
Freddie Mercury and Queen! Thanks for the chance to win!
Tears for fears, U2, Ub40, petshop boys so many just remembering and seeing all the posts i bet they were all singing their favs at the time
U2, I suppose, though I didn't really listen to them until the 90s probably. :)
steeplechaser29 at yahoo dot com
Hmm . . . David Bowie sticks out. He was pretty memorable in Labyrinth . . . in a super bizarre/creepy way of course!!
I really liked Air Supply at one time. I now have a 15-year-old son who loves 80's music more than I ever did, which I think is funny.
The 80's. I have to say I understand better now why my folks didn't get the Beatles. Our kids gave us tickets to Neil Diamond, we knew him the first time around.
Pat Benatar! Though I was fairly small...
Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders!
Bruce Springsteen , still love him ! Thanks for the chance .
I was born in the 80s, so technically I was around, but don't remember much of it. I am a fan of Bon Jovi.
anna [at] 64colorbox [dot] com
The Boss!
So many favorites, Journey, Stix, and Fleetwood Mac. Still listen to all those oldies. Funny thing is my daughter listens to some of those same bands today.
Can I remember that far back? How about Journey. Still love their songs.
Definitely Bon Jovi!
I love 80's music! David Bowie is my favorite rocker.
Probably the Police or Madness
Loree
loreew at pacbell dot net
Kiss is my favorite and still enjoy listening to their music . their a great group and have been around forever.
Barbara Kennedy
I wasn't paying much attention to rock and roll in the 80s but I would say Guns and Roses.
erikawithak.vintage(at)gmail(dot)com
I was born in 1982, so I didn't have much exposure to 80's rock. However, I do remember loving listening to Billy Joel with my dad, so I'll go with that.
I was very young in the 80's, so probably Bryan Adams.
Great giveaway! Please count me in!
Freddie Mercury :)
There was an energy in his voice, which still is enchanting!
I'm too young to have a 80's rock star ... I do know a few of the names the others mentioned though Aerosmith, Sting ..
I was born in '83, so I don't really remember much form the '80-era itself, but I sure love Queen :-) Thanls for the give away!
Was only a little tike n the 80's but my first cassette was the Bangles! In the 90's became fans of The Cure and Depeche Mode...ahhhh
Blondie will always be awesome!
Phil Collins!
Margaret
curetons5@verizon.net
David Bowie!
Great giveaway!
In the 80's, I mostly listened to Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath!
Thanks for the chance to win!
jackieinmi67@gmail.com
Loved your site! Thanks for the chance to win!
Freddie Mercury!
Thanks! :)
Cyndi Lauper!! Loved her when I was 5 and still do! :) Thanks for the chance to win!
I am a big Richard Marx fan! What a fun question! Thank you for the giveaway!
Gotta go with a classic. My 80s favorite was always Madonna!
Bruce Springsteen is the boss of all things! =)
Well, in the 80's I was a kid and I'd have said Debbie Gibson or Tiffany. But looking back now...Bon Jovi or Bruce Springsteen I guess. My husband would for sure say GnR!
Guns n roses
OK, I never really listened to Rock music so I don't have a favorite. I enjoy listening to mellow music.
Definitely Aerosmith :)
ourbusylittlebunch(at)hotmail(dot)com
I love 80s music.. so many great tunes to rock to... so hard to choose... I feel like I'm standing in your store trying to stick to my budget (so much fabric, so little dollars!). well. I'm a huge U2 fan. the Joshua tree album is still at the top of my playlist...
I liked old REM and U2.
winterwrens at gmail dot com
I will have to go with Sheena Easton. I have her music on my iPod (along with a couple or so thousand other songs)
And I have to tell you, that bundle of fabric you are showing makes me absolutely drool.
Bon Jovi all the way
I think it would have to be Aerosmith - so many fantastic tracks to dance around to :-)
Cyndi Lauper - great music!
Bruce Springsteen all the way!
Aerosmith! :)
Great giveaway. Thank you so much.
anaeosviraventos(at)gmail(dot)com
Hrm. Don't have a favorite, but I do enjoy U2. :)
Bruce Springsteen. I am in love with Kona solids!!
Aerosmith probably would be my pick.
Girls jut wanna have fun.....Cyndi Lauper!
OK...the Boss too !
Thanks for the great giveaway !
That's an amazing giveaway!
I wasn't around in the 80s (well, I was, but not rocking!) but I still love the Smiths :)
As I was born in the late 80's, my choice isn't that original. Cyndi Lauper is absolutely wonderful. I have my 80s playlist that I listen to quite often because it's so fun and up beat.
I loved Bon Jovi. My sister and I, still kids then, didn't know English yet, so listening to "Born to be my baby" we imagined a tribe gathering and then going to a war ;)
In the 80s I lived mostly in a tent and had three young children. Rock stars were far from my mind. I do still have a lot of respect for Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler, who were both around in the 60s and still are today.
That's a little hard considering I was almost born in the 21st century! Haha I'm a 1997 baby! Oh well Thanks for the post anyways ^^
Aerosmith. :)
I was still in Kindergarten when the 80s ended, so I wasn't a big rock fan yet, but I do love me some 80s music. Bon Jovi and U2 are favorites - that is, when I'm not listening to Safety Dance (which is, decidedly NOT rock).
Loved Bryan Adams- What fun your give aways are--Joan
Oooo has to be Bon Jovi. Still love him today. He is amazing in concert!
David Bowie.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net
http://keepmeinstitches-peggy.blogspot.com
INXS - went to their concerts when I was at Uni and they were starting out ! (oops that dates me a bit doesn't it!)
Oh gosh, I can't think back that far. I was busy raising my 3 boys on my own. I don't know if they'd be considered rock but I do remember loving ABBA back then. I was thrilled when they recently released a new CD.
Of course, I do recall that Aerosmith was very popular, just not my type of music.
Journey!
U2. christina112358 at gmail dot com
ELTON JOHN - Thanks for the chance to win I love the solids.
Congrats on your quilt shop--I am now following your blog :)
Fav at the time would have been Madonna!! My first ever cassette tape in 1988 :)
Metalica!
Jon Bon Jovi! thanks for the chance!
I'm not much of a rock fan, but I did like Joan Jett
I was so into Duran Duran. My sister went to one of their concerts!
Oh, that's an easy one, Duran Duran! Thanks for the giveaway!
Oh my, I have no clue of any rock stars 80s or otherwise. So I'll just say Fred Flintstone...he was into rock, right? LOL!
Bruce Springsteen
Loved me some Jane's Addiction but thought the rock stars like Jon Bon Jovi, Axl Rose, and of course Vince Neil were hot!
chacoyaguayo(at)yahoo(dot)com
Thank you for the opportunity;)
Michael Hutchence in INXS.
Either The Eagles or U2! Love them both, so I just can't choose a favorite!! :-)
Depeche Mode
Wham, Heart, U2, and Aerosmith! :-)
maireloves at gmail dot com
Joan Jett will always be my favorite, and she's still great in concert. Thanks for the giveaway!
Jon Bon Jovi!!!! The one and only!!!!
I love Sebastian Bach, very cute and he always seems so nice in interviews etc.
kate1485 at hotmail.com
Sting! Thanks.
carrie.hare@gmail.com
AEROSMITH!!!!!!!!!!! Still love them so much.
Rick Springfield!!
Depeche Mode was and still is my favorite.
Well, since I live in NJ-none other than Bruce Springstein.
Post a Comment