Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Giveaway Day!

This Giveaway is now closed. Please go to the main page of our blog to see who the winner is. 


Are you enjoying Giveaway Day? We are! We're so happy you stopped by and many thanks to Sew Mama Sew for organizing this.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop is a Canadian source for top quality fabric at fair prices. Whether you shop online or in the store at 3961 Chesswood Drive in North Toronto, our goal is to provide you with great service and great products. We have a large selection of quilting fabric, patterns, books, and notions and we offer classes, Block-of-the Month programmes and great ways to build your stash with our Bargain Lover's Club and Kona Club. 

And now for the fun part!

Tell us who your favorite 80's Rock Star is in a comment on this post and you could win this delicious bundle of 12, half-metre cuts of Kona Cotton Solids. 
If you didn't happen to be around in the 80s then just tell us who your favorite Rock Star is. :)



Leave a comment on this post to enter. Please make sure we have an email address we can write to you at if you win. If you're a no-reply blogger then please leave your email id in the comment.

Giveaway ends May 25 2012 at 5:00pm. Winner will be chosen by random and will be announced on our blog later that same evening and will be contacted via email. This giveaway is open to international participants.

We don't require you to follow our blog but we'd love to check your blog out if you did.

Good Luck everyone and enjoy the rest of Giveaway Day!


643 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   601 – 643 of 643
Millie said...

I loved Aha, and Bros when I was young...oh, the shame!

Susanne said...

Me too U2 :)

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

I was young enough to think New Kids on the Block were pretty cool!

tartankiwi said...

Another U2 fan here :-)

Lynne said...

I loved Bonjovi! Loved 80's rock hair :)
Thanks for the great giveaway!

Linda said...

I think AC/DC totally rocked everything they ever played. Still enjoying their music even today.

Lori said...

Amy Grant
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Hazel said...

The Eagles is my favorite ,gee this brought back so many great memories. .

dalmellington@gmail.com said...

Always a Tony Bennett fan ... he's as solid as the Kona fabrics!

ladyof2 said...

Elton John

T. Murphy said...

Fave 80's rock star would have to be Platinum Blonde!
I was 9 yrs old when I got their tape for my birthday.... I played that thing until it wore right out!

Lise said...

Love Bryan Adams..just went few weeks ago to see his concert...was awesome and great Canadian eh!....

Julia C said...

It would have to be Madonna!

dewiec(at)yahoo(dot)ca

Walkin' A Fine Line said...

Air Supply. Thx for the contest!

Walkin' A Fine Line said...

Air Supply. Thx for the contest.

BengalPup said...

The Eagles


amanda.echler[at]hotmail[dot]com

Sangeetha said...

Wham, U2

Brandi said...

Would Love to have these they are beautiful colors!!

Krista said...

I love the fact that so many 80's bands are still around (or back) and my kids listen to them. Green Day is the first one that comes to mind.

Christina said...

Was and still is U2....and Kona fabrics...what a combination!

Stephanie Zito said...

John Bon Jovi!!!! Thanks for the giveaway!

shazeeda_s@yahoo.com said...

Jon Bon Jovi!!

Blu said...

I was born in the 80s so technically I was around then...
Bon Jovi's pretty good. And I have a soft spot Steven Tyler.

Robyn said...

Dang it! Now I'm having a complete brain fart about 80's bands...probably because I have Neil Diamond's "Craklin Rose" stuck in my head. Thanks for the giveaway.

robyn(dot)geddes(at)gmail(dot)com

M-R Charbonneau said...

Man, I wish your store was around when I lived in T.O.! My favourite band from the 80s is U2, but my favourite 80s star is Corey Hart. Even got to see him in concert. LOL. Thanks for the giveaway!

Sandy said...

I have to say Van Halen (with David Lee Roth) and the hot hot Bon Jovi. Some of those colours were worn by both groups...
sbonds461@hotmail.com

Paskiaq said...

Cindi Lauper!! :)

Sue said...

I was busy having kids in the 80s, so I didn't listen to a lot of rock. My all time fave is the Beatles.


majorasue(at)hotmail(dot)com

Helen Bazinet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen Bazinet said...

My alltime favorite, 80's or not is Elvie, love his music.

Chumkie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chumkie said...

Anne Murray was one of my favourite singers from the 1980s.

Anonymous said...

Def Leppard all the way baby!

Meredith Kaur said...

How could you only pick one?? LoL well I also liked WHAM a lot... and Duran Duran :)

Melissa said...

BonJovi
Thanks for the giveaway!

Calikisses said...

Umm... I was born in the 80's so don't really know who was out then... was that the time of David Bowie? I liked him in The Labyrinth which is one of my fave movies lol

Seventh Sphere said...

Definitely Guns n Roses!! Thanks for the awesome giveaway! :)

Tamie said...

How about Billy Joel? Thanks for participating in the Giveaway Day.

Carla G said...

Bon Jovi would be my favorite! Thanks for a chance to win! :)

Nita said...

Probably Queen. Also Styxx, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Bee Gees. All of them, lol!

Nita said...

Probably Queen. Also Styxx, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Bee Gees. All of them, lol!

Heather D. said...

Oh goodness, in the 80s I think it was Bryan Adams. Just heard him on the radio today actually!

Krista said...

Great giveaway!

«Oldest ‹Older   601 – 643 of 643   Newer› Newest»