Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fundamentals Sew - Along Week 8

Hi Everyone: 

I hope you all had a good week.  I am gathering my projects together for the Sew Sister's annual retreat this weekend.  I am going to bring my blocks in hopes of getting caught up to all of you.

This weeks block is called Arrowhead.  It looks a lot more complicated than it is.  The two things that I learned doing this block are:

  1. When  sewing the the small triangles to the larger rectangles I didn't trim away the excess fabric.  What I found, even though there is a little more bulk, it prevents the bottom fabric from shadowing through.  Especially true with the 30's  fabrics.  
  2. The other thing is not to get left - right confusion.  Before you piece your purple and yellow/ or brown and grey segments, make sure they look like star points.  If you reverse them, they will resemble the square in a square block.

Arrowhead block

These are the finished products, aren't they pretty? I look forward to seeing your finished blocks on flickr.  It isn't too late to register for the program and join us!  Please call the shop, drop by or register online to join in the fun!   Have a great week everyone.   Jeannie

No comments: